Update schedule:

New On Writing with Kana segments on Tuesdays and Thursdays. New Sakura Sweet updates on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. New comedic bits on Saturday and Sunday if I have the inclination.

Friday, April 10, 2015

Dream blocks

Last night I had the unique opportunity to experience my own dreams in that semi-lucid state where I don't know it's a dream but can still "watch" impartially.  Because of this, I was able to notice some interesting things: namely, that everything in my dream came from somewhere.

I won't explain it.  I'll show you.

So this first thing I remember was getting a mail-order fiance through gmail.  I saw an image of the gmail mailbox, and of course the concept of the mail-order bride exists.  My mind combined the image of gmail with the feeling I get when I think of mail order brides.


That's easy.  Pretty simple, the concepts are basic and not all that uncommon.  Take this more as an easy to understand example. 

So I had a job, in my dream world, and that was to deliver things.  It was my only job, and I ran about the dystopian city, well, delivering things.  The images were a mashup of two dystopian fictions, The City of Ember and The Giver.  I've read the books and seen the movies of both.

  

Note here that my mind did not generate any images from scratch, it simply took frames remembered from both fictions (ones rendered in my head while reading, and ones I watched in the movies).  I did, however, feel different about the books than I had before, based in some part on the feelings I had about the previous scene.  I'm not going to make any claims other than that this is what I felt.  

Next is where it gets weird.  So, before this point, my dream has been in drab color.  There hasn't been much in the way of visuals, though they are there, and they are from the various sources I mentioned.  Every visual has a source. 

So I bought a wallet online a week ago.  My brain remembers this, and I take it out and offer it to one of my customers, I think my dad.

Here is where I got it from.  

  Again, an imported image.  My feelings about it are new.  I bring it out and offer a strip of it to the person, now my brother.  (A group of people I know have gathered.  Imported mannerisms, I know them well, so my mind renders them in full 3d.)  It's turned into a Listerine box, you know, those thin films.
Now here is where it gets weird.  You know what else comes in consumable strips?  On blotter paper?  In little squares?  You guessed it, LSD.  And my brain explodes in color.  

I realize that something is amiss.  I try to remember what happened before I got my mail order bride.  I can't.  Cue inception bwaahs!  It really works! 
 But the problem is, my mind tricks me!  The matrix man arrives, Samuel L Jackson in my dream!
In a burst of crazy irony, I take the red pill and am sucked into a world of--the matrix?  So, I'm dreaming that I'm stuck in the matrix, and I know about the matrix, but I don't know about the dream.  My mind tricked my, well, the other half of my mind into believing that that feeling of dream-ness was due to the matrix.  I mean, it can't get any more ironic than that.

So I get an ocular implant just because (star wars knights of the old republic, the hidden bek leader, specifically) and go underneath a machine (totall recall, that baby--
right there,) and I can now see into the infrared and ultraviolet spectrum  (Pictures and information about night scopes and bee vision, mixed and matched, like here


)  So I run around town for a while, feeling really amazing, and finally I'm driving down the road and see a rainbow disc--a multilayer section of the sky filled with color as in This minute physics video.  The images in my head were lifted from said video, and then given an applied bloom like an instagram photo.  But let me tell you, it looked absolutely amazing.  
I will go so far as to say that it was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen in my life.  Real or otherwise.  It's up there with the feeling I felt when looking at
while I was in Yosemite National Park a few years back, or
when I was in Carlsbad Caverns even further back  It was recreated--no, I'd go so far as say created--inside of my dream by the amazing, ocular-implant enhanced of a trippy LSD rainbow disk (All images lifted from real life and pasted into my dream.)  

The only thing different was how I felt.  It brings up a lot on the nature of dreams, but I'm sure you can find out more by Googling.  

Dreams are fun.  They're like the reference magazine in your head.  Everything has a source.  You feel different about them each time.

I would give this dream a 9/10, minus one because Don't Do Drugs, kids  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hey there. I didn't see you. Because I'm not here right now. I'm over the internet. Doing things. So, be nice, or not.