Update schedule:

New On Writing with Kana segments on Tuesdays and Thursdays. New Sakura Sweet updates on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. New comedic bits on Saturday and Sunday if I have the inclination.

Thursday, October 1, 2015

I can't seem to figure out what I'm going to write about.

Here's the problem.  I like a lot of things, but I have absolutely no idea what to say about them, because when I think about them, my mind draws a blank--and I'm not sure how to get past that.  I'm not sure how I'm supposed to figure out what I'm good at writing about; I'm not sure how to figure out what to write about; I'm just not sure overall, and it kind of sucks.  I'm not sure.  About anything.

I kind of need help.  I mean, I kind of want help.  I just can't figure out what I'm good at doing, what I want to do, how I want to do it, if I can do it--let me rephrase that.  I have a list of things that I want to be able to do, but I'm not sure if I'm able to do those things, because they're difficult and I don't want them to be difficult.  I want them to be fun, meaning, I want to have fun working this blog and writing about things that I like and which also interest other people who want to know about the things that I like.

But, at the same time, I also don't want to say something that's been said over and over again on the internet--I don't want to write reviews of stuff, because there are people out there that can do it much better than I can, and there really only need to be a couple of reviews of a product before they all start sounding redundant.

Add to that the fact that I don't want to do research because it's boring, and you have a recipe for someone who doesn't know what in the hell they want to do with their writing, and possibly also their life.  Which is me.  I'm that person.

I mean, I like Hatsune miku; is there anything I can do that will have to do with her, and will also be interesting, and helpful to other people?  Are there things that I can write that will have an impact on the general population?  Don't mind that last statement, it didn't really mean anything.  Or at least, I'm not sure what it meant.

How about vocaloid fanfiction?  That would be something that would be fun to do--it would be very fun.  Maybe.  I'll think about it.

I've been thinking that I want to write something based on anime.  Maybe analyzing it, maybe doing other things based on it--I'm not really sure, again--I don't know.  Maybe I can start a serial where I imagine myself in a situation and write based upon that situation.  Metacommentary or something along those lines.

God I don't know.  How many times have I said that already?  I mean, it's how I really feel about this.  I'm totally not sure where I'm going--I want to be a writer of some sort when I get older (I am older, I guess, and that time is about come) and I want to write things that people will enjoy reading.  Is there anything wrong with that?

But the problem is, I can't figure out what to write!  I guess I've already said that.  Now I'm just repeating myself; and that's how I've felt lately.  I'm just repeating all of the things that I've already done, and can't produce anything new, no new ideas.  Not that any of the other things that I
I've done were any good either.

So I'm going to wrap up this ramble by saying that eventually, you will see something come out of me that you can enjoy.  I just don't know what it is yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hey there. I didn't see you. Because I'm not here right now. I'm over the internet. Doing things. So, be nice, or not.